I will take a moment to recap just a few life-changing highlights over the last 3 years:
- Started attending church again. I grew up in church, but fell away from going for many years. I have now found a church home where I feel accepted, loved & right at home "just as I am." This is a place that truly accepts people right where they are, regardless of their circumstances or their past, just as Jesus does. I am beyond blessed to have found the River.
- Lost my first grandparent (my grandfather on my mom's side) last October 2012. I have been so fortunate to have all of my grandparents up until this point in my life. Not many people can say that at age 32 they still had all of their grandparents living. It is my belief that when my Papa passed away, he became one of my guardian angels. Since he passed away, my life has taken a turn towards seeking the Lord's will whole-heartedly - I do not consider this a coincidence.
- I lost my precious little Ginger dog. She was the first dog that I considered to be mine alone. I always had dogs growing up, but my mom usually ended up taking care of those guys. Anyway, I got Ginger when I was in my early 20's & had to put her down last fall due to complications with an enlarged heart. I do still have 2 fur babies in my life, Ernie & Sadie, who keep me laughing...most days.
- I have lost many whom I considered friends, but have gained many whom have enriched my life significantly. Most recently, this guy:
- My relationship with my earthly father, as well as my Heavenly Father is being restored & renewed. I just don't have sufficient words to say about this, so I will just say "thank you, Jesus!"
This is all I have for today. I have enjoyed catching you all up!
Happy Independence Day! Let's not get caught up in the cookouts, fireworks, etc. & forget the real reason we celebrate America on the 4th!
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27