Thursday, December 18, 2008

Work stress & Christmas

So, I am new to this whole blog thing, but several of my friends & some of my family members have their own site, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon.

Work has been terribly stressful for me lately. With the transition of a new boss, the plethora of layoffs & the ridiculous rumors that spread like wildfire around this place, things have been hectic to say the least. It's always a scary/anxious feeling not knowing if you're going to be next. My goal at this point is to finish my degree while still working here (if they keep me) & then move on to bigger & better things.

All that being said, I am extremely ready for Christmas. Although I'm not quite finished with my shopping (which I plan to finish tomorrow while off work), I am ready for the time off & the time I will get to spend with my family. To me, there is nothing better than spending time with family at the holidays....or any time for that matter. I have the best family that anyone could ask for -- always supportive, never judgemental & always ready to have a good time.

Christmastime also makes me very excited to eat (a lot), so I plan to keep myself in the gym as much as I can over the holidays. It's so easy to gain extra weight during the holidays, but hard work & self-discipline can help keep those pounds to a minimum :-)

Anyways, that's all I have for now. Like I said, I'm new to this blog thing but I think I can get used to it rather quickly :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment