Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Update on work. And, love.

So, it seems as though work just keeps getting crappier & crappier. We were told at the end of January that we are required to take a 2 week furlough. If you're not sure what this means it basically entails taking 2 weeks off without pay. That being said, I guess it is better than the alternative - not having a job. However, at this point, I am not counting on keeping my job either. Our sales are down & things are not looking up for our business anywhere in the near future.

Anyhow, I really am trying to stay optimistic. I try to tell myself every day that things happen for a reason & that at this point there is nothing I can do to prevent losing my job (besides working my tail off, which I already do). It still causes for a great deal of stress on a daily basis & makes the mood at work a little tense.

On a brighter note, other parts of my life have improved and/or are looking up. School is going great as far as grades are concerned. I have been on the Dean's List every semester since I started at Strayer, and I might add I am pretty proud of myself for it. I am currently taking Staffing Organizations & Finance (ugh). Whoever made Finance a mandatory credit for Business Admin should get punched in the face.

I do believe things are improving in my love life as well (*knock on wood*). Randy & I have been spending a lot of time together - just the 2 of us. We have a lot of fun together, even if we're just hanging out on the couch, watchin a movie, & playin with the dogs. A couple Sundays ago (when it was 70 degrees out) we took the motorcycle out & had the absolute best time with each other. I can truly say he is my best friend - even though he makes me so mad I can't see straight sometimes ;)



Anyways, that's all I have for now.
Tootles.

No comments:

Post a Comment